FINDING NEMO – Book your place on the Supporters Bus: Good luck to Wayne’s Warriors v Nemo on Sunday next ag 1.30pm.We will hit the road this Sunday Nov 17th to support our Senior Men’s team as they face Cork Champions, Nemo Rangers, in the Munster Club Championship Semi Final.
The game is fixed to take place at 1.30pm in Páirc Uí Rinn, Cork. We hope that as many club members & supporters both , Juvenile & Senior, will make the trip and bring that famous ‘Rockie Support’ to Cork this Sunday. Here are the Supporters bus details:
- Stacks Supporters bus will depart from the Austin Stacks Clubhouse at 10.30am on Sunday morning.
- Arriving in Cork Constitution Rugby Grounds at 12 noon approx.
- Cork Con will have full bar/catering facilities.
- Pairc úi Rinn is a couple of minutes walk away.
- Buses will depart from Cork Con and return back to the club immediately after the game.
- Anyone wishing to travel on the Club Supporter bus (or buses depending on demand) is asked to text Club Secretary, Elma Nix, on 086 1053300 before this Wednesday at 6pm. All seats (adult & child) are priced at €10 return. U18’s must be accompanied by an adult. Please text Elma asap as we are anxious to facilitate everyone who wishes to travel so we need to get an idea of numbers.
- All seats must be PRE-PAID in the club which will open especially from 7pm to 9pm this Wednesday night to facilitate travelling supporters.
- REMEMBER NO SEAT WILL BE RESERVED UNLESS IT IS PRE-PAID.
NA MEÁNSCOILEANNA: (i) (a) Peil Faoi 19: ‘Well done’ to The Green CBS boys who gave of their best v Cork’s Coláiste Chríost Rí on Wednesday last (13th). A great Green effort to reach the knock out stages of the Munster Colleges Championship! The Green Rockites: Ruairí Ó Conaill, Seán Cuiltéir, Cian Puirséil, Conchúr Ó hÓráin, Jordan Ó Cíosáin, Eoghan Ó Cearúill, Lúcás Chester agus Armin Heinrich. (b) Peil Faoi 19: Sympathies to the Mercy Mounthawk boys who lost out to ISK in the Corn Uí Shúilleabháin competition but a victory over Bandon ‘High’ on Wednesday (13th) would have them in contention for the Corn Uí Mhuirí competition play-offs. Na Stacaigh ar fhoireann shinsearach Chnoc an tSeabhaic: Seosamh de Nógla, Dáithí de Búrca, Adam Ó Curráin, Seán de Bastábla. (ii) Peil Faoi 15: Sunday was a great day for the boys of The Green CBS who challenged Coláiste Bhréanainn and defeated them by 0-7….3-9 to 1-8….in the the Munster Under 15 Football Final i bPáirc Aibhistín de Staic Dé Domhnaigh seo caite. They received the Corn an Bhráthar Colm Taft which is now proudly on display i Meánscoil na mBráithre Críostaí. Comhghairdeachas le lucht na Carraige a bhí páirteach sa bhfiontar: Seán Ó Muimhneacháin, Marcas Ó Cearmada, Damien Ó hÓgáin, Séimí Ó Sé, Colm de Brún, Aaron Ó Nualláin agus Togor Silong. A mighty victory! (iii) Iománaíocht Faoi 19: Comhghairdeachas le foireann eile na Faiche a bhuaigh go héasca ar Mheánscoil San Nioclás, Rinn Ó gCuanach, Co. Phort Láirge, i gComórtas Iománaíochta Faoi 19 na Mumhan. The Green CBS hurlers have now reached the Munster semi-final and among the Green players are Luke Chester and Jonathan Lowe (whose dad, Martin, and uncle, Georgie, hurled with The Rock). Let’s hope that they’ll reach the Munster Final.
SCÓR NA nÓG: (i) Gach dea-ghuí ar Ella Nic Gabhann san ‘Amhránaíocht Aonair’ i mbabhta Bhordcheantair Thrá Lí agus Naomh Breandán de Scór na nÓg. The competition will take place i gClubtheach Uí Chéirín-Uí Rathaille, Bóthar na Trá, on Thursday November 21st. Let’s hope that Ella’ll sing her way to a county final! (ii) Good wishes also to our 4-person Scór na nÓg table quiz team who will shortly represent The Rock in the Kerry final which will take place before the stage competitions on Sunday December 14th at 11.30am in Glenbeigh. A ‘1st place’ in the quiz competition would mean a trip to the All-Ireland final. That would be nice!
REMINDER: If you’d like to take part in Senior Scór (over 17 mbliana d’aois), cuir glaoch ar Elma ar 086 1053300. We’d love to get a solo singer, a music group (3 to 5 players), a ballad group (3 to 5 singers), a recitation or story, a nuachleas (sketch/stage presentation) and a set or figure dance. Where is all our talent? We also require a 4-person table quiz team.
GAELTACHT GRANT: If you’d like to spend a few weeks in the Gaeltacht, in the summer, to improve your spoken Irish in preparation for your Group or Leaving Certificate ‘Orals’, you can get financial help from the GAA. Gach eolas/info faoin scéim: (066) 9156100.