The official launch of ‘Run for the Rock’ the 10K & 5K Paul Lucey Memorial Run/Walk took place in the Austin Stacks Clubrooms last night. The race will take place on Bank Holiday Monday May 7th, 2018 at 11am and is open to all ages, abilities, walkers & runners.
Austin Stacks Run for The Rock 5Km/10Km ROUTE
The 5Km/ 10Km Road Runs will leave from the entrance to Austin Stacks Club Grounds in Connolly Park.
Participants will commence the race at 11am, any competitor bound to a wheelchair will commence at 10.45am.
- Once the Race Director starts the race the competitors will proceed through Connolly Park to the main entrance where they will turn left on to Rock Street.
- Participants will continue up Rock Street for approximately 70m. and turn left on to the Skinny mile.
- Participants will continue on the Skinny Mile to the exit on to Bracker O’Regan Road where they will turn left for the Roundabout at Mounthawk.
- At Mounthawk Roundabout participants will turn left on to Caherslee Road and continue for approximately 800m to the entrance to Ard Carraig.
- Participants will turn left in to Ard Carraig and continue for 350m where they will turn a slight left into Highfield Grove.
- Participants will complete a short circular route in Highfield grove and enter the grounds of Austin Stacks GAA Club through the Highfield Grove entrance.
- Participants will turn right on to Connolly Park and the Finish line.
- Competitors in the 10K Race will repeat the circuit a second time.
Entry: U16’s €10, Over 16’s €20 & Family €40
Enter the Race online here:
here are some of Adrienne’s photographs from last nights launch: