The new format for the Senior Club Championship was agreed at a specially convened meeting of Kerry GAA last evening:
* There will be 2 groups of 4 teams.
* The groups will be decided on an open draw basis, no seedings
* Teams will play each other once on a home, away and neutral venue basis
* Top team in each group will contest this year’s final
* Bottom team in each group will play relegation decider later in the year – after senior county championship finalists are known
* In the event of a tie between teams, the head to head between those teams will be the deciding issue – in the event of that game having been a draw score difference will apply
* Games will commence on 1st April with neutral venue games being played initially with consecutive games on 8th & 15th with final on 29th – this only applies if Kerry DO NOT REACH LEAGUE * * FINAL. If Kerry reach league decider, games will commence on 8th April with consecutive games on 15th & 22nd and final on first week end in May
* Double headers will be played where possible.